I Ain't No Emily Dickinson

>> Sunday, September 20, 2009

I used to write poetry a lot. Nothing decent. Mostly silly rhymes about my ever-so-distressing life as a teenager in love. Reading through them at 23 years of age, I find the musings rather, well, amusing.

I remember feeling so sad and upset. I was positive my life was over .. every day. If only I knew then what I know now.

I'll share these silly things with you every now and then - if you promise not to judge me.

Here is one I most likely wrote during a math class:

my eyes are heavy
my minds asleep
my dreams become vivid
much deeper i creep

concentration has left
my hearings absurd
i fall into darkness
please do not disturb

what a heavenly state
i could not resist
oh nothing compares
to this peaceful bliss

ive waited forever
all day at least
and finally i can
lay down to sleep

0 comments: