Thoughts about Public Enemies

>> Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I love the Cinema theater. Sure, it has tiny screens and non-reclining seats and sometimes the picture gets a little messed up. But it is never crowded - ever. And if you buy combo #3, you get free refills on your popcorn and soda! The best part: tickets are half the price of the Marquee theater. That's a great date when you're poor (as I am).

Tonight, Mr. Man and I went to the Cinema to see Public Enemies. Johnny Depp and Christian Bale on the big-screen together? Yes, please.

A few thoughts about the movie:

*John Dillenger, a professional bank robber, (Depp) is clearly the bad guy in the movie. So, why was I constantly hoping he'd get away, escape the law and get the girl? Why was I so bummed when he was finally shot and killed? Maybe because I'm the bad guy in real life?

*i LOVE me some Christian Bale. I first fell head over heels as a youngin' watching Little Women. It's his lisp. Or maybe his bedroom eyes.

*However, this was possibly Lover Bale's least impressive theatrical performance.

*What is up with the X shaved into the back of Johnny Depp's head? I did a Google search and couldn't find anything associated with Dillinger. I found it very interesting.

*I am so glad I wasn't an early-1900s journalist. For lighting, they lit gigantic sparklers. Then again, that could be really fun.

Okay. Public Enemies = good movie.

That's all.

0 comments: